The following ramblings are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of the local church I serve, the United Methodist Church, John Wesley, my family, my dog, my gecko, or anyone else whom I may have forgotten to mention for that matter.
“I have a dream!”
~Dr. Martin Luther King
How big is your dream? Do you have one? Is there something – a goal or accomplishment – in your life that you hope to achieve? Is your dream big enough? Does it stretch you? Will it be easy for you to achieve? What’s your plan for making it a reality?
Dr. King had a dream and you should to.
Dreams keep us on our toes. Dreams keep us motivated. Dreams keep us alive. Whether it’s a personal one or one that say, a particular church has latched on to, dreams are our vision of our desired future.
And, the world needs more dreamers.
When we commit to a dream we are:
• Dedicated to seeing it through
• Willing to risk the status quo in the pursuit of God’s next best thing.
• Committed to striving for excellence in all we do, because excellence honors God and inspires people.
• Willing to align all of our activities around the vision that God has given us.
• Enthusiastic about mobilizing the key participation need to accomplishing our goals.
Dedication. Risk. Excellence. Align. Mobilize.
This is the stuff that dreams are made of!